Williamsburg County Behavioral Health
Vision for the Agency
My vision for the agency is to bring awareness to substance abuse and addiction in our community so that we can properly treat this area of concern and support economic growth. Substance abuse and addiction drastically impacts the ability to bring economic growth to communities and significantly decreases quality of life when it is left untreated. Therefore, our focus will be to support education in the community about substance abuse and addiction; be visible and reachable in the community , participate in networking and outreach in order to connect clients to services, to offer preventative services to the community, to partner with local businesses and agencies to offer assistance to those in need, and pursue grant funding that can aid in properly addressing substance abuse and dependency in our community.
Leslie Wright, MS, ADC, LPC, NCACI, NCC, SAP
- Addictions are a preventable and treatable disease.
- The citizen-client is always the priority.
- The agency will:
- Provide local leadership and assistance on substance use and addiction issues.
- Work collaboratively with Williamsburg County Council, South Carolina Department of Alcohol and other drug abuse services, and other partners.
- Ensure the citizens of Williamsburg County a system of accountability.
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities Accreditation
Williamsburg County Department on Alcohol and Drug Abuse was awarded its fifth three-year Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation.