Register to Vote
A person who is registered to vote according to law shall remain permanently registered and entitled to all rights and privileges of registration unless his name is removed from the registration list for cause.
To be eligible to register to vote in South Carolina, a person must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- Be a resident in the county and polling precinct in which the elector offers to vote
- Not be under a current court order declaring the elector mentally incompetent
- Not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- Not have been convicted of a felony or any offense against the election laws, unless the elector has served his entire sentence, including probation and parole time, or has received a pardon
- There is no length of residency requirement in South Carolina in order to register to vote. You can register at any time.
- You must be registered at least 30 days prior to any election in order to vote in that election. Registration by mail applications must be postmarked at least 30 days prior to that particular election to be eligible.
Applications & Change of Address Forms
Voter Registration applications or change of address forms may be:
- Mailed to:
126 S Jackson Street
Kingstree, SC 29556
- Faxed to 843-355-2039
- Emailed to vote.Williamsburg@elections.sc.gov (Must Provide Signature)
You will receive a voter registration certificate confirming that your voter registration application has been approved and processed. Please email the Voter Registration Office at vote.Williamsburg@elections.sc.gov or call the office at 843-355-6044 if you do not receive your certificate.